The job market is becoming increasingly competitive as millennials start to take over the workforce and more and more people are getting a college education. What’s more, the gig economy is expanding and forever changing how people work and how companies hire.
This begs the question -- what happened to the career path?
The infographic below -- compiled by HonorSociety.org, an honor society that recognizes academic achievement and builds a framework for future success of its members -- looks at how professionals prepare for a successful career journey and what tools they use to make their ambitious vision a reality.
Let’s take a look at some of the highlights:
• 76% agree that the money and time they spent on their education was a valuable investment and will result in the career and lifestyle they want.
• 49% say they have made clear career goals for the next 1, 5, and 10 years.
• 65% agree that the professional organization they belong to helps them expand their network, meet people, share ideas, and inspires them to achieve their goals.
• 44% prefer to work for managers who empower them to be independent.
• 26% say paying off student loan debt is a top worry they have for their future.
When students, job seekers, and young professionals make goals and build a professional network for themselves, they are well-equipped to stay on their career path and reach their utmost potential.
Check out the full infographic below to see how professionals set themselves up for future success on their journey and what they look for in employers. Click the image to enlarge.